SOSPUB is a voluntary organisation set up in 2017 in order to acquire the site of the Station Pub, Knebworth, comprising of the pub, gardens, car park and outbuildings for the benefit of the community. This policy outlines how SOSPUB will process and use personal data.
1. What personal data do we hold?
The majority of the information that we hold has been given to us by you (for example by filling in forms, pledging for shares in the pub or emailing us). The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
2. Who are we?
The SOSPUB Committee is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The SOSPUB group complies with its obligations by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
4. How we use your personal data?
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the SOSPUB group
- To maintain our own records and accounts
- To inform you of SOSPUB activities, events and progress.
5. How do we share your personal data?
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with particular members of SOSPUB in order to fulfil the activities of SOSPUB as outlined above. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How do we protect your data?
SOSPUB is committed to ensuring that all data that we hold is secure. We do not sell your personal data to third parties or permit others to sell your data on. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
7. How long do we keep your data?
We will retain data until we are informed that you no longer wish us to.
8. What are your rights in relation to your personal data?
- Request which personal details that SOSPUB holds about you
- Request corrections to any inaccurate or out of date data that SOSPUB hold on you
- Request that your personal data is erased
- Withdraw your consent at any time
- Request a restriction on further data processing where there is a dispute over accuracy or processing
- Object to the processing of personal data
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
9. Additional Information
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
From time to time this policy may be updated as necessary by SOSPUB, in which case a new notice will be issued.
10. Contact Details